Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Siddartha Reading Blogs


Siddartha Reading Blog 1:
I was very surprised while I was reading the book when  I saw this perfect prince who could understanding everything so easily, and was loved by everyone would want to leave all of that behind to become a Samman. I understand that the reason he does it for is pretty much because he is bored, and he wants to feel more connected spiritually, but I have always felt that is something stupid to do.  I personally don’t feel that you need to let go of everything you like, and pretty much starve yourself just to be more pure.  I feel that you should be able to enjoy yourself more. 
About some of the characters like Govinda I feel like he is extremely weak by just completely idolizing Siddartha and by following.  He never really expresses his opinion unless it is something that praises Siddartha.  I found very interesting the conversation that Siddartha had with Buddha were I think he shows a lot of character to tell him in his face that even though he knows that Buddha is a great teacher he feels like the only way he can really learn is by learning from the lesson through experiences.


Reading blog 2:
I think that Siddartha is probably scared of having to go on the journey alone now that he left everything behind.  I found the dream extremely creepy, and I think it shows just how deep the relationship between Siddartha and his friend was.  I think it was one of those you don’t know what you have until you lose it feelings.  The whole milk thing was kind of disturbing also, but it was probably Siddartha’s way of like realizing how big the world was and made him more eager to learn its secrets.
I think it was interesting seeing how Siddartha’s thinking works when had the chance to get something he wanted with the girl, however he just didn’t feel he was ready for it(it was his lack of experience in that area).  I like the details he uses describing stuff like the river, he just makes it look even magical.  He finds another woman, and he knows what he wants with her however this time it becames like a goal he sets for himself.  He talks to her about it, and he starts convincing her with his poetry which back then it was probably very hard to find someone that could produce that type of writing.  It was very interesting that his appearance was too much like the one of a Samman, and that worked like a disadvantage in his quest to fulfilling his new goal.    

No comments:

Post a Comment